What Will I Do Without TV?
I don’t know how other UK toddlers are sleeping in this heat, but ever since the light evenings started Little Boy has been up and down like a yo-yo, and while he definitely can’t be blamed for that, it has sent me into a bit of a rut in the evenings. My usual routine of late has been:
7pm – bedtime
8pm – Little Boy finally passes out
8.05pm – Kettle on, find the least boring thing on the iPlayer and watch it for an hour
9.05pm – Skim read rubbish on the net that I’ve already looked at 3 times before
10pm – Bed, feeling underwhelmed at what I’ve got done with my ‘free time’
So, I have made a resolution to cut the TV time, or at least not watch it every night. Here’s what I plan to do with all that extra time.
- Blog – I also contribute to a group blog called A Classroom Called Life
- Knit – I have a jumper on the go for Little Boy and a gift on my needles for a friend’s baby – I’m also hoping to get a few jumpers done for Baby no 3 seeing as I’ve never had an autumn newborn before!
- Bake bread
- Bake other tasty things to keep our packed lunches cheap and varied
- Write to friends
- Write some fiction or poetry, maybe even enter some competitions for dosh
- Paint my nails
- Wear face packs
- Have ridiculously long baths with my book
- Trawl the Money Saving Expert Forums for frugal living tips
- Start doing my pregnancy exercises
- Listen to my pregnancy relaxation CDs
- Make jam
- Plan for Christmas
- Plan play ideas
- Learn something new
- Earn vouchers on Valued Opinions
- Listen to the radio
- Listen to our CD collection
- Read more
- Enter some competitions
- Send off for some freebies
- Beat hubby at Trivial Pursuit on a regular basis
- Eat elaborate suppers
- Watch some TED talks
- Make lots and lots of lists
Sounds fun! I can’t wait to get stuck in. Right – Little Boy has nodded off, time to get the custard creams out and get cracking on those knitting projects. I’ll let you know how I get on.
What do you like to do in your free time? Do you limit screen time or make a conscious effort to pursue your hobbies? Let me know, and comment.